Exceptional care when growing and harvesting
- We select only fibre-free varieties that have a high juice content and are particularly sweet.
- SanLucar Mangos are harvested only when the fruits are truly ripe. So we pick from the tree several times carefully with a pair of scissors, since not all the fruits of the tree ripen at the same time.
- When harvesting, we ensure that the fruits are picked with their stems. This prevents the sticky mango juice from escaping.
- A special quality feature of the SanLucar Mango is the dew-like film of the fruits. This indicates that the fruit has hardly been touched and treated after picking.
Availability and origin of SanLucar Mangos
- SanLucar Mangos are grown from August to November in the southern part of Malaga, Spain. The growing area is dominated by a special microclimate where the fruits ripen under the best temperature and air conditions. We then harvest the fruits in Brazil and Peru.
- Due to high demand, we would like to offer these special mangos for 12 months a year. Therefore, we are currently planning new projects in Central and South America.